At Recursion, we combine experimental biology, automation, and artificial intelligence to quickly and efficiently identify treatments for human diseases. We are hiring an Automation Engineer to implement and improve laboratory automation to extract maximum value from every experiment we conduct.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
As an Automation Engineer, you will report to our Director of HTS Operations. The high-level job description has only one item: do whatever is necessary to help us discover treatments for diseases. You will identify new capabilities for Recursion to improve quality and uptime of our instrumentation.
For this role, we're looking for people who are eager to:
- Experiment - We want engineers who think critically. Rigorous use of the scientific method allows our Automation Engineers to quickly understand the essential aspects of laboratory systems and ensure they are optimized and controlled.
- Collaborate - We want engineers who play well with others. The role will require close collaboration with our biological and computational science teams to organize the most efficient path to success across all of our laboratory assays.
- Create - We want engineers who identify creative solutions. Recursion’s thirst for data can only be fed through an ever-expanding suite of instrumentation.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- A B.S. in a technical field related closely to Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or Biology
- 5+ years experience maintaining and working with laboratory automation with a focus on LIMS-integrated liquid handlers, Automated microscopy systems, RT-PCR systems, FACS and similar technologies
- Ability to implement and maintain automated laboratory systems
- Demonstrated experience with documentation and validation of laboratory protocols in a high throughput environment
- Creativity, intellectual curiosity and a meticulous approach
- Ability to converse and understand molecular and cellular biology at a broad level
- Proficiency with C# and Python desired
THE PERKS YOU’LL ENJOY
- Coverage of health, vision, and dental insurance premiums (in most cases 100%)
- 401(k) with generous matching (immediate vesting)
- Stock option grants
- Two one-week paid company closures (summer and winter) in addition to flexible, generous vacation/sick leave
- Commuter benefit and vehicle parking to ease your commute
- Complimentary chef-prepared lunches and well-stocked snack bars
- Generous paid parental leave (including adoptive)
- Fully-paid gym membership to Metro Fitness, located just feet away from our new headquarters
- Gleaming new 100,000 square foot headquarters complete with a 70-foot climbing wall, showers, lockers, and bike parking
WHAT WE DO
Poised at the intersection of biology and computation, Recursion is revolutionizing the pharmaceutical industry’s approach to drug discovery. Our unique platform leverages the most advanced biology, high-throughput automation, and artificial intelligence to rapidly discover treatments for rare diseases, diverse immune and inflammatory diseases and new indications in the future.
Recursion is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Recursion strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against applicants because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.